Graduate Research Assistant Position
The Institute for International Science and Technology Policy (IISTP) recently secured a Nuclear Science and Security Research grant, part of a consortium of seven other universities, led by the University of California, Berkeley, from the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
Currently, IISTP is looking to hire a GRA (a pre-doctoral fellow) to assist with research on the NNSA grant. The GRA’s tasks will be to assist in research on solutions to the problem of nuclear waste disposal in Japan, and the associated proliferation risks posed by Japan’s reprocessing-only strategy. The duration of this position is for one academic year, however extension is possible based on PI’s decision.
Job Description Summary
- Plans and develops research methods and techniques within the framework of the NNSA grant project
- Maintains accurate records of research findings and analyzes results
- Assists and sometimes leads data collections efforts associated with the NNSA grant
- Writes topic specific reports of studies and research conducted, and presents results at relevant events
- Attends and contributes to relevant internal and external meetings, seminars, and conferences
- Assists in grant related event organization and execution
- Performs other related duties as The omission of specific duties does not preclude the PI, Allison Macfarlane, from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
- Should be a D. candidate who has passed their qualifying exams
- ABD students preferred
- Must be a S. citizen
- Knowledge of Japanese language not necessary
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- 2-3 references
Duration of the position is for one academic year; however extension is possible based on the decision of the PI, Allison Macfarlane.
Estimated Salary: 30,000
Please send all relevant documents to Zlata Gogoleva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1957 E St., NW, Suite 403 Washington, DC 20052
t 202-994-7292 f 202-994-1639 email@example.com